Industry: Retail Clothing
Aeropostale, a leading specialty retailer in men and women’s fashion apparel, is widely recognized for pursuing new business opportunities and employing state-of-the-art business building solutions. Aeropostale has a long standing relationship with the Pepperjam Network, the leading affiliate network. Together with RevTrax, the market leader in distributing innovative digital O2O incentives, Aeropostale embarked upon a program to capture missed revenue opportunities by applying the same ecommerce Affiliate/Retailer model to online-to-offline transactions.
- Drive in-store sales through an affiliate network with a pay per performance model
- Utilize existing network and publisher relationships to drive store
traffic and sales
- Track consumer path to purchase from online to offline
- Consumers could find in-store Aero coupons on their favorite publisher websites via desktop and mobile using the Pepperjam Network
- Integrated the RevTrax SmartOffer platform into all offers to measure, test and optimize promotions
- Dynamic barcoding for loyalty publisher attribution at the user level
- Automated file feed into the Pepperjam Network for automatic publisher payment
- 73% of ‘clicked ads’ resulted in a printable coupon
- 18% of printed coupons resulted in a purchase transaction
- $15.00 average ‘per click’ transaction value
- 25% of engagements originated with mobile and tablet devices
- Increased affiliate program by 50% with only 10% of their publisher base
REVTRAX SUCCESS STORY
MARKET INNOVATOR / AEROPOSTALE
Affiliates typically receive a sales commission for generating ecommerce transactions. This ‘symbiotic’ relationship between affiliates and merchants generated an incremental Multi-Million dollars in sales during 2014. Unfortunately, the same business model is dramatically underdeveloped in regards online-to-offline (O2O) transactions.
Aeropostale and RevTrax/Pepperjam Network partnered for a 12 month period starting January 2014. Multiple incentive offers were tested ranging from 15% to 25% discount. All incentives were mobile and printable coupons that facilitated direct attribution and return-on-investment calculations. RevTrax seamlessly integrated its proprietary technology with Aeropostale’s existing point-of-sale system.
Aeropostale experienced an extraordinary lift in conversion ratio, over 73% of ‘clicked ads’ resulted in a printable coupons and of those 18% resulted in a purchase transaction. Complementing the impressive business results were very high levels of shopper engagement when compared to normal behavior. They were able to identify that over 32% of desktop views were repeat users, meaning they had previously engaged with an Aero offer on their desktop. Over 24% of users printed an Aero coupon more than once on desktop and over 40% of users previously accessed an Aero coupon. This program allowed them to increase their affiliate program by 50% with only 10% of their publisher base.